Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit
- These chews encourage puppies to develop non-destructive chewing habits.
- The safe and appealing shapes satisfy a puppy's natural urge to chew.
- Made in the USA
- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 0.8 x 1.2 inches ; 5.6 ounces
Determine Your Dog's Size and Chewing Style
It is important that you get to know a dog’s chewing style and to select the appropriate type of chew and the proper size and formulation based on age, breed, chewing style and weight.
- Puppies – Use Nylabone puppy-specific products until permanent adult teeth start to develop. Products to try: Puppy Starter Kit,Teething Rings, Enhanced Rawhide
- Dogs up to 15 lbs – Petite Size. Products to try: Value Pack, Healthy Edibles, Flexi Chews
- Dogs up to 25lbs – Small/Regular Size. Products to try: Value Pack, Wishbone
- Dogs up to 35lbs – Medium/Wolf Size. Products to try: Hollow Stick, Dura Chew Plus, Double Bone
- Dogs up to 50lbs – Large/Giant. Products to try: Ring, Value Pack
- Dogs 50+ lbs – X-Large/Souper and Monster & Big Chews. Products to try: Galileo, Romp N Chomp, Big Chews for Big Dogs
The pressure exerted by a dog’s jaw is considerable, and when directed straight down can put tremendous stress on the teeth. It is recommended that non-edible chews be large enough to encourage chewing from the side rather than the top and bottom. If your dog is between sizes, choose the larger size. If you have more than one dog in your household, select chews appropriate for the largest, strongest chewer. If your dog is an especially strong chewer, a larger chew may provide more of a challenge. Remember to supervise the use of all chews and toys!
Find the Right Nylabone Product
Nylabone makes both Chew Toy and Edible Chew Products
Chew Toy (Non-Edible) Products (Plastic, Rubber and Nylon) are NOT intended for consumption. During normal chewing, tiny bristle-like projections are raised, which help clean teeth. If these tiny pieces (no larger than a small grain of rice) are ingested, they should pass through. A dog should not be able to break off larger piece of any Nylabone chew Toy (Non-Edible). If you think your dog swallowed a large piece of a Chew Toy (Non-Edible), take the chew away and contact your veterinarian for advice. No dog toy or chew is totally indestructible. Frequently inspect any chew before giving it to your dog to make sure it’s whole and intact, with no missing pieces. Replace a chew Toy when protruding ends are worn down, or if it becomes too small to chew safely. Nylabone Chews and Toys should not be boiled, placed in a dishwasher, washing machine, convection or microwave oven.
Edible Chew Products are treats. Their lifespan depends on how determined a chewer your dog is. These all-natural chews are edible and highly digestible. Supervise the use of all Edible chews to ensure that your dog does not bite off pieces too large to swallow. Natural color may stain light-colored surfaces. They are best enjoyed by a dog with all of its permanent teeth (usually around 6 months). Exceptions: Healthy Edibles and Nutri Dent for Puppies 3 months and older.
Rawhide is a natural product. It is important that the chew is large and thick enough that a dog cannot easily chew off and swallow a large piece or the whole chew. We recommend discarding rawhide when it has been enjoyed down to a small portion or if it requires more than 5 days to consume. Natural color may stain light-colored surfaces.
Edible Puppy Chew Products are designed for puppies 3 months of age and older. Please consult your veterinarian for the right time to start your puppy on edible chews.
Puppy Chew Toy (Non-Edible) Products are specially designed for young teething puppies. They should not be given to a dog with ANY permanent teeth, regardless of age.